5.21.2006

Welcome/A Short Introduction

Welcome to me, and you, and anyone who is interested in writing when they read, or writing themselves. I'm curious about this as a medium, and as a (white) (lower-upper class) (male)person who has had plenty college newspaper articles rejected due to their lack of palatability in form and content (critiques on the rhetorical left, i.e. the liberals, from elsewhere in the leftist sphere) I wonder if this will be more or less effective in presenting my ideas. But I do very much appreciate the ability of people to reply in a public way that is nevertheless casual, and my writing here, too, will be casual...However scarred by what some call "Theory" and the privileges that have allowed me to spend so much time wading through its webs, caves, and caravans.

This post was written just to start things off but has no particular beef behind it so I will stop with a note that The Post-Colonial Critic (Interviews, Strategies, Dialogues) by Gayatri Spivak (edited by Sarah Harasym) is essential reading for anyone with some understanding of theory and its basic concerns and I think that if I do decide to write an "honors project" it will be one of the central sources.

Love ya,

DB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home