6.01.2006

So a few days ago I was sitting on my parents' front porch in a warm summer night starting to write a short story about walking out on a warm summer night and noticing a pile of ice in the lawn, which naturally there was for some reason. However, a friend came and disrupted my writing (however pleasently) and when asked about what he'd do next in a story he avoided the question but took much joy in through up the ice, leaving little puddle stains on the driveway, and as such answering my question, however belatedly. I then found myself up early, having basically not slept on an airplane after almost missing the flight and having to get my ticket from a person and not for my flight but as a standby for the next flight, which got me through security and through a bit of luck on the original plane. I was told because I was the last one on that I could take any seat I wanted and did so, choosing the first fully open lane. I layed sideways and was thus able to get a brief sleep.

Now I am in St. Paul and have contacted all the people I was supposed to do stuff with but they have not responded (yes I should have contacted them earlier) and am typing happily in the yet to be unpacked living room of the house I am subletting with people I don't know but, are good people according to a quality source. Because of this, and the fact that everyone here is rather dispersed and I am phoneless, I have gotten pulled into various books and am in a strange story world of theory that says through me: "art is about defamiliarizing the object so that you don't ignore it as commonplace" and that perhaps should we consider life as art, and as such this provides a rather strange slant on political action, including the fact that to act for the underprivileged classes is to in a sense either to work for their nonexistence or to glorify them both of which would be rejected be rejected by indegenous people who serve as an interesting reference point for such questions. In any case the band Hayden is a good one, having ceiling fans is nice, and I am applying for a staff job that I will not get due to lack of qualifications and failure to remain long enough in an single geography. There you have it. Now hopefully my goals will solidify with such specificity in the next few days.

With love,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home